本文へジャンプ
Nonoichi City 
HOMEForeige languageFONT SIZE
LargeResetSmall
How to use this siteSitemapFAQOpinion and inquiry
現在位置:HOMEの中のEnglishからTourism

Tourism

LastUpDate: November 11, 2011
連絡先産業振興課 Telephone : 076-227-6082  sangyou@city.nonoichi.lg.jp
Industry Promotion Section

The Okyozuka Ruins

The Okyozuka Ruins are from the middle of the Late Jomon to the Final Jomon periods, from 3,700 to 2,500 years ago, and were discovered in 1954 by a local junior high school student. Apparently the discovered site contained around ten pit dwellings that were each big enough to house five or six people, with a cemetery located at the center of the settlement. It is now the Okyozuka Ruins Public Park, where you can see a reconstruction of the pit dwellings.
okyozuka

The Ruins of Suematsu Haiji (Temple)

These are the ruins of an ancient temple said to have been built during the Hakuho period, around 1,300 years ago.
It was named Suematsu Haiji because it was located in the Suematsu area. The possessions of this temple included the cornerstone of a great pagoda, larger than the five-storied pagoda of Horyuji, but nowadays only the huge cornerstone tells of its former glories. It is now a historic park and recreation site.
suematsu Haiji

Nunoichi Shrine

This housed the tutelary deity of generations of the Togashi family. Nowadays the Togashi Festival is held on the morning of the Jonkara Festival to pray for the success of the Nonoichi Jonkara Festival.
nunoichi shrine

The Kita Family Historical House

The Kita family were originally warriors with the surname of Takasaki from the Fukui fiefdom, but they moved to Nonoichi in 1686. In Nonoichi they became oil merchants and later sake brewers, but only one section of their building was spared destruction in a great conflagration in Nonoichi in 1891. The main house today was bought from a soy sauce merchant in Kanazawa's Zaimoku-cho and reconstructed here. This building in the typical Kaga machiya style is very precious, being one of the more venerable machiya still remaining in the prefecture.kitake

The Local Collection Museum

This was originally built for a merchant in an agricultural community towards the end of the Edo period, in Hizume, in what was formerly known as Murai-mura, Ishikawa-gun. It is a complex building with the house and gate looking like a machiya from the outside, but the layout of the rooms and the construction are that of a farmhouse. Today it is a designated municipal cultural asset as "the former residence of the Uozumi family".
Farming tools and traditional utensils are displayed to convey how people lived in those days.
museum

Print this page
 
 
現在位置:HOMEの中のEnglishからTourism
BackPagetop
 

Nonoichi City Hall, 1-1 Sanno, Nonoichi-shi, Ishikawa-ken. TEL: 076-227-6000 (Main switchboard)
Office hours: Counters are open from 8:30 ~ 17:15 (A part of the Residents Section is open until 17:45) Town hall

Copyright(C) 2009 NONOICHI CITY All Rights Reserved.